Think twice about "Sugar Free" Drinks.

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
I have never drunk diet drinks. I have never trusted Aspertame. ( I'm sure that Aspertame is banned somewhere in the world )

I have always avoided Aspertame and it is in a lot of low sugar and no sugar foods and drinks.

Since I was diagnosed with Type 2 I drink water all day instead of tea, ( still have a morning cuppa though...) and drink diet lemonade with my vodka instead of brandy and orange.

So diet drinks didn't make me diabetic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame

"Under the trade names Equal, NutraSweet, and Canderel, aspartame is an ingredient in approximately 6,000 consumer foods and beverages sold worldwide, including (but not limited to) diet sodas and other soft drinks, instant breakfasts, breath mints, cereals, sugar-free chewing gum, cocoa mixes, frozen desserts, gelatin desserts, juices, laxatives, chewable vitamin supplements, milk drinks, pharmaceutical drugs and supplements, shake mixes, tabletop sweeteners, teas, instant coffees, topping mixes, wine coolers and yogurt. It is provided as a table condiment in some countries. Aspartame is less suitable for baking than other sweeteners, because it breaks down when heated and loses much of its sweetness. Aspartame is also one of the main sugar substitutes used by people with diabetes."