Thirst and toilet

Angela123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My type 2 diabetes was very well controlled but last night I was up and down all night - up and down to the toilet , so thirsty . Shattered today . It was like I was pre diagnosis two years ago . I am on 100 mg Metaformin .
I didn’t eat sugary food or drink yesterday , my eating habits were as normal . Does anyone have any idea why this happened ? Thanks

Reactions: Barrowbakers

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have your own glucose meter? If so, what are your levels like? If not, I strongly suggest you buy one as they are the best tools we have to keep us on course.

It may be high glucose levels, or it may be you are dehydrated. I don't know where you live, but here in my part of Lancashire it has been very, very hot.

You have told us what you don't eat, but can you tell us what you do eat in a typical day? We may be able to spot something that is causing your problems

Reactions: Terrytiddy

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Angela, did you test your blood sugars yesterday? It's not just sugary foods that can raise your levels, stress, carbs, pain and lack of sleep to name a few.

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My type 2 diabetes was very well controlled but last night I was up and down all night - up and down to the toilet , so thirsty . Shattered today . It was like I was pre diagnosis two years ago . I am on 100 mg Metaformin .
I didn’t eat sugary food or drink yesterday , my eating habits were as normal . Does anyone have any idea why this happened ? Thanks
Hi @angela 123 It must be something in the air. I was exactly the same last night, up almost every hour needing loo and a drink. Like you did nothing different yesterday so think its just one of those things! Bg this morning was same as yesterday morning 6.7. o_O