This has NOTHING to do with Diabetes......

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
All comments, thoughts and opinions have always been welcomed on this thread :)

I agree that cheating is an epidemic in football, but it's hardly a recent phenomenon -

Harald Schumacher making no attempt to play the ball, and hitting Battiston so hard he lost two teeth, cracked vertebrae and had serious concussion - 1982

I can still see that in my head, probably the worst foul I have ever seen. Compounded by the ref taking no action whatsoever apart from giving Germany a goal kick. I don't think Schumacher ever showed any remorse either.

Reactions: 2 people

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!

It isn't any less shocking all these years on. By all accounts Schumacher was largely unconcerned and brushed off the incident at the time, when public outrage grew he held a press conference where he apologised but still said it was unintentional, he did apologise to Battiston in person and it was accepted.
At the time a French newspaper ran an opinion poll to find out who was the most hated person in France, Schumacher topped the poll and Hitler came second! This suggests the reason for the apologies....

Reactions: 3 people