This is Getting Frustrating ...

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
It is weird those ranges. I converted them to ng/ml and according to various sources 221 pmol/l is below range. I have no idea where the sample was tested in, but if the letter says c-peptide is low, it must be low.

Yeah, I almost did mention that ranges can vary from one source to the next. I'm not familiar with pmol/l - so if it is low, then go with that.

For what it is worth my last one was low, lack of insulin production.... so I don't have an insulin resistance (IR) problem and that is the question you need answered. Why would you have IR?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I wonder if you have a food allergy or intolerance. If I were in your situation I'd keep a food diary showing exactly what you eat and when you have these symptoms and giving them a score out of ten depending on how bad they are. It will give you something to show your GP and might identify if it is a specific food item causing your issues.

CrumblingWall

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yeah, I almost did mention that ranges can vary from one source to the next. I'm not familiar with pmol/l - so if it is low, then go with that.

For what it is worth my last one was low, lack of insulin production.... so I don't have an insulin resistance (IR) problem and that is the question you need answered. Why would you have IR?

Exactly. Why would I have that problem. Low c-peptide + insulin resistance does not make sense. It is almost as if endo made a big mistake somewhere, either in writing or his conclusions. He did test antibodies though (3 of them) and they were negative.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I sincerely believe there is something wrong with my body. For the last 1.5 years, I have been chasing my blood glucose levels. I was not diagnosed diabetic by an endo but I basically cannot eat carbs anymore because my BG spikes and makes me feel like ****.

Today, was a day like that. Nothing sinister, a regular meal I eat: beans, carrots, peas, beef, spicy chicken. I usually feel head pressure, some sweating and a bit dizzy when my BG goes close to 7 and today it was the day. Measured it, yep 7.5 after 1 hour of the meal. Went for a walk immediately but have not seen numbers reduce, in fact, I saw 8.2 once. Then next 2 hours it was in 6.x range and 3 hours it is still around there. Bad head pressure at the front of my head.

I feel like it is me being insulin resistant and it showing its ugly head more as time goes by. Do you guys think this should be brought up to GP? She is very dismissive since my BG is normal according to her. I can feel this badly though. I even consume berberine and it seems to be getting progressively more annoying nonetheless.

I don't know if this applies to you or even helps, but this is a talk about Lectins found in plants that impact on health. Up to you if you want to watch it or not, no obligation.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Agree with what @Chook said too about keeping a diary of what you eat.