This is so depressing!

franimal

Hey Claridge,

I've started off on 1 unit Novorapid to 10g carbs too, but find it varies with some food, how much i've exercised etc. With alcohol I calculated how much my bs levels dropped (compared to usual) overnight and worked it out per drink. I've found i need about 10g carbs per small glass of wine, I checked this with my diabetes speciaist nurse and she said it sounded good. Everyone's different though so it's just working out how it works for you. And carrying snacks on a night out is definately a good idea, although I need a bigger bag now and my friends get hungry and try to steal them!

Take care x

cyb3rminx

Dislikes
anything that is good for you
hi i was told almost a year ago just thought i would let you know that i found it very hard to deal with and still do some days but it does get better. :D i inject 4-5 times a day and find the time of the month effects my bs not sure if this is the same with anyone else but just thought id give you a heads up lol. good look and yes testing is the best way to work out were you are :) and remember it may feel like the end of the world ut it isnt :D :D

nessa-lou

Dislikes
my injections
hi all,
as a teen i started carb counting but i would advice anyone who has just started out, don't jump the gun and start it all so soon. its a long process which takes time for you to get your head around it. in my experience you need to sort your sugars out first, eat what you have been told to eat and get that stable. Then once your head is around the whole 'diabetic thing' then try carb counting and talk to your dietican. i didnt have one in the children's clinic so i learnt myself and gave up very easily, im currently starting over i guess, writing all my sugars down testing four times aday and changing my insulin measurements were needed. this is me five years down the line. thats only because i was a terrible teen and just couldnt be bothered and had the 'why me' attitude. but i assure you it all gets better in time just dont tackle too much at one.
Nessa-lou :)

Lfcrab

Does it actually get harder as you get older i always thought that i have got it and i will get used to it :?
As i only got it one year ago and im 13 now i hit pretty hard but in the end you really do get used to it and sometimes even make the most of it to meet new people and stuff.
Im hoping that i have got past the worst stage and i hope you get used to it soon.

Lfcrab

Heyy, :) i know exactly how you're feeling, i was diagnised with type 1, 2 years ago in December. It was horrible at first & i thought my life was going to be different from then on but as my doctor said, at first diabetes will be at the top of your list but ina few months time it will be about 5/10 on your list. I thought i was going to have to give up all the things i do as i thought the injections 4 times a day would be so controlling but now im back to my normal self & the diabetes is about a 5/6 on my list :)
xxx

flojo1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi,
i am 11 years old and havnt been diagnosed for long, not even a year ( october the 6th) so probably wont be much help but i have to inject myself 4 times a day and test myself four times a day and you said that you were a healthy women and diabetes shouldnt andd wont change that. i used to think that exercise would be harder but it isnt in fact you get to have a sugary treat if your doing strenuous exercise so its quite good! i was very shocked when i was diagnosed but try not to worry yourslf. chloe :)

Stod

Dear Claridge,

I'm so sorry your having a difficult time; but I guess we all do at the outset? Mmol control is what we all seek. I am T1 for 30+ and my wife is in hospital right now having been diagnosed T2 with some complications.

Best wishes to you...

claridge

Dislikes
Rude arrogant people
Stod,
Really sorry to hear about your wife- l hope she is okay. I just think us Diabetics have to remain positive and its amazing how strong we become. We need to be as upbeat and happy as we can be- are there not Diabetic fun days out!?! If not there should be :) x