This sucks :(

lukkymik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The opposites of above!!!!
I totally agree that Carb Counting is important to most diabetics but some like me simply can't operate without a higher carb intake due to major problems with other foods such as fruit and veg digestion. You really need to learn how your body reacts to as many food types as possible and how it affects your Glucose levels until you can understand what treatment is needed. Not being unduly negative but I fought the NHS for 5 years before they accepted that carb counting DOESN'T suit everyone!!!

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I totally agree that Carb Counting is important to most diabetics but some like me simply can't operate without a higher carb intake due to major problems with other foods such as fruit and veg digestion. You really need to learn how your body reacts to as many food types as possible and how it affects your Glucose levels until you can understand what treatment is needed. Not being unduly negative but I fought the NHS for 5 years before they accepted that carb counting DOESN'T suit everyone!!!
gosh .. you must be in a very good area if they recognise carb reduction to control blood glucose ..

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no, I think I'm dieting wrong, I've been counting calories. I have a small breakfast, like a bowl of bran flakes, lunch maybe one or two hard boiled eggs and a 100 calorie salad for dinner. I'm craving pasta big time!!
Eat more of the good stuff like eggs meat cheese etc and stop or lower the starchy carbs cut out the sugar and you will be amazed at how much difference that will make to your BG levels...you can get low carb pasta in Holland and Barrett and I think online . I don't know what it is like as I do not like pasta at all but I am sure some here have it. If you want to eat some bread then try Bergen Linseed and Soya it is lower in carbs and a lot here have it. If you really do not like testing then don't many people freak out about it and then it becomes stressful which you do not want

Last edited:

TallLeeds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Look at 'Low Carb LCHF Keto Eating'online. It's stuffed with recipes easy to make and follow. I did it and after 3months I'm now considered 'non diabetic' altho I still take2 metformin a day...but will soon stop on doctors advice. It's not difficult to do....it's your mindset which needs to change. Good luck

Fleur321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Smoking , time wasters and ignorant behaviour
Oh no, I think I'm dieting wrong, I've been counting calories. I have a small breakfast, like a bowl of bran flakes, lunch maybe one or two hard boiled eggs and a 100 calorie salad for dinner. I'm craving pasta big time!!
That sounds like too little food no wonder you're hungry ... Balance is the key , if you crave pasta choose wholemeal and just have a little

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
I was diagnosed type 2 last Monday. So I immediately and radically changed my diet. But my problem is I'm hungry. I'm five foot four and 174 pounds at 44 years old. All my weight is in my torso. I got a blood testing machine but I hate it and it seems to hate me. It always says not enough blood so I end up poking my fingers alot. It occurred to me today that I am not very good at being a diabetic. I have read alot. Like I mean alot, in the last week. Maybe I'm trying too much too fast. I'm so frustrated.
You shouldn't starve yourself, putting the body under stress can have adverse effects.