1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Thrush help

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by brottonmoores, Jul 30, 2017.

1. brottonmoores

brottonmoores Type 2 · Well-Known Member

heres hoping someone can help with temporary relief from thrush until the chemist opens tomorrow
    Used to get thrush a lot before diagnosis used to use canestan but 2 and a half years down the line as soon as bs were down no problem at all till this morning now I'm chewing my arm off trying not to scratch
    Please please someone have a helpful idea contemplated breaking in to chemist
    Thanks for reading
    Hugs to all
    Jan

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

Unless you have some sort of cooling emolient like sudocrem that you can plaster on...
    When you get your Canestan get some Aqueous Cream as well, it's a great standby emolient for those times when you do not have Thrush treatment. By the way, is there no 24 hour chemist or supermarket nearby?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. brottonmoores

brottonmoores Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Unfortunately not and the local supermarket doesn't have canestan when I finally get to chemist tomorrow I'm going to stock up on all varieties of cream
    Just had a cool bath with a few drops of lavender in which has helped a bit
    Thank you for your suggestion going to put cream in the fridge for a bit
    It's a good wake up call to remind me why I keep my bs under control
    Hugs
    Jan

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alison Campbell

Alison Campbell Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I take the generic pill fluconazole £1.59 at first symptoms and always buy a spare getting the chemist to provide the longest dated (18 months to two years) as no longer have to take regular antibiotics.

5. Fruitella

Fruitella Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Any natural yoghurt in the fridge or sugar free baby teething gel? The teething gel can make it seem worse for a few seconds but then kicks in. Ice block or pack of frozen peas in bit of cloth works wonders too. I have just started on Jardiance so will no doubt be suffering at some point too.
    I did see that ASDA have a cheap and cheerful thrush cream at the pharmacy so will pick up one for emergency.

6. Farrowlily

Farrowlily Type 2 · Well-Known Member

A coolbath with bicarb soda helps cool it down

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook