Thrush

Dudette1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad attitude
After my antibiotics that I finished today I now have a mild thrush, I just want to know if it’s safe to use Canesten cream as a type 1.
Thanks

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
After my antibiotics that I finished today I now have a mild thrush, I just want to know if it’s safe to use Canesten cream as a type 1.
Thanks
Yes, it is safe to use Canesten. I guess you may already know that, whenever you are on antbiotics, you will need to eat yogurt that has live beneficial bacteria.

• Friendly
Reactions: Dudette1

Dudette1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad attitude
Yes, it is safe to use Canesten. I guess you may already know that, whenever you are on antbiotics, you will need to eat yogurt that has live beneficial bacteria.
I eat yogurt everyday, it’s my main source of food these day thank you for the reply ❤️ I bought it over the counter instead of going to the doctor, but wanted to check here before I use it. I used it years ago before diagnosis so just wanted to check x

Reactions: ElenaP

CheeseSeaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People arguing over silly stuff
Antibiotics will often do that (can kill the bacteria that stops thrush forming).

Canesten cream will help with symptoms, but might not fix the problem - you can by a thrush tablet at the pharmacy (ask the pharmacist for it).

Called fluconazole (might be generic as Canesten is brand name and usually more expensive)