Thrush

Clase

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV
Hello all. I just had a nasty dose of Thrush and was prescribed Fluconazole. My BS shot up a couple of days afterwards and I wondered if anyone else had experience of this.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
When I took Fluconazole my levels were okay but it could be that your levels increased through discomfort as thrush is really nasty. The stress of it can impact higher bg together with bad sleep, pain, plus a whole mountain of other reasons. Hope you feel better soon x

Reactions: EllieM

Clase

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV
When I took Fluconazole my levels were okay but it could be that your levels increased through discomfort as thrush is really nasty. The stress of it can impact higher bg together with bad sleep, pain, plus a whole mountain of other reasons. Hope you feel better soon x
Thank you. You're probably right there as I also am in the middle of a nasty flare-up of lichen sclerosis .

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Thank you. You're probably right there as I also am in the middle of a nasty flare-up of lichen sclerosis .
That will probably be why, what a nasty thing to be going through x

Clase

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV
Thank you for the support; I'm always grateful. I've bought Caneston with support from a lovely pharmacist who thankfully is a locum for our usual fairly 'unsympathetic' man. I would have found it difficult to talk to him.

• Hug
Reactions: Lainie71