thrush

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Reduce blood sugar is the short answer. Thrush happens when the candida 'bugs' are able to feed on the sugar in urine. This happens when blood sugar is above around 11mmol. So, check your blood sugar and follow the guidance on the forum to get this down.

ivyicarus

Quickest way? Probably a fluconazole tablet before bed. If you can. use clotrimazole cream on your penis too.
Even though its recommended to use the cream for 5-7 days, i feel that any infections are cleared up within 3 days only.

Reactions: 2 people

andy williams

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Circumcision. Simple operation and you never get things like thrush because the environment doesn't exist for the yeast after that.

I had it done in my mid thirties because of balanitis. Simple procedure and everything was in full working order a week later. Personally, having been on both sides of the fence, I much prefer being circumcised.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Although various ointments may temporarily help, the thrush will immedaitely return when you stop if there is still sugar in the urine. My GP prescribed an oinment without thinking that I might have diabetes; the thrush returned afterwards. Candida is normal on our skin and will always flourish in a sugary environment.

michaela2015

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am female and used canastan (dont think its spelt right) cream, i would imagine it works the same way you just rub it over the area, it worked for me straight away although i did go through about 3 tubes before i was diagnosed with type 1, good luck x

Amanda61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
wots the fastest solution for a man to get rid of this infection
Cut out bad carbs and sugar of course. Yeast love sugar.
The tablet the other member said, and keep using the cream. You can get
the stronger version off the doctor. Canesten HC.
Good luck. :)

Reactions: 2 people