Thyroid (Advice needed)

SSJ_Jup81

Hello again all. I'm sorry for posting again so soon. I always feel awkward doing this, but I didn't want to hijack a thread and felt I should just ask this here.

In my introductory post here, I went over a lot of issues I have, which included absent cycles, unusual weight gain from a young age (60 at age 8, 50 or so at age 12) and holding onto weight, dry skin, memory issues (which started when I was 16), sensitivity to heat, type 2 diabetes, was recently officially diagnosed with PCOS, susceptible to blood clots as I've had two Pulmonary Embolism episodes, etc. The GYN I went to recently recommended my going to the Endocrinologist since all of my tests for her were normal (although my estrogen and testosterone levels were extremely low). My ultrasound didn't show anything unusual or alarming (despite how long it had been since I'd had a cycle...she was legit shocked) and even she said there's some type of a disconnect going on someplace that needs to be looked into more.

The Endocrinologist wondered if I was showing signs of having Cushing's Syndrome but I was just contacted today that it's definitely not the case. I also had a TSH test done.

I've been given TSH tests multiple times throughout the years and each time the results came back without any problems and that my levels were normal (1.690 this time), but something has to be up as something isn't right here. Should they be doing more extensive Thyroid testing? I've never had that T3 or T4 test. As mentioned, my TSH levels are always normal whenever it's checked. There's a disconnect someplace and I'm tired of these issues and don't want medication thrown at it unless it's to fix the source of the disconnect.

So, has anyone here had a normal TSH level, but still had issues that could be indicative of a thyroid problem? How did you approach this?

Reactions: Lazymike