Time in Range

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
An interesting discussion of blood glucose "Time in Range" on the Diatribe web site:

https://diatribe.org/cgm-and-time-r...il&utm_term=0_22467a8528-9a1c28569d-150104165

Interesting read, Duneplodder. I'm encouraged by the apparent recognition by the docs in the article that a1c is ok, but a relatively blunt tool compared to what we can get from cgm.

I had a regular review a couple of weeks ago, doc was telling me she loves seeing agp graphs, rel sd etc as it tells her so much more than a1c alone. I'm hoping that sort of message will filter down (or is it up?) to funders and make prescription of libre etc more common, but I'm not holding my breath on this.

It was interesting to read about the way the docs look at the numbers. They're having ever so slightly academic discussions about metrics. Me, I don't do that, I just use cgm to make a reasonable effort at staying in range for a reasonable period of time, because I want each day to be a nice one without me zoning out below 4 or above 8 or 9, and if that's eventually reflected in the overall stats after 3 months looking good, that's a bonus.

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Scott-C As you say very encouraging that these factors are being recognised.
Dr Steve Eldeman comments that "70% time-in-range is really excellent". I'd say pretty good, but "really excellent"???

Yes, let's hope the message gets through, because without a Libre or CGM this valuable information is simply not available.