Tired 24h after sugar bounce?

Sgathach

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,
Is there something like a hypo hangover ?
I'm newly on insulin, type 1/1.5
Yesterday I didn't notice but when I checked before leaving the house I had fallen to 3.7. I ate some food amd had some fruit juice but overdid it as I bounced to 9.8 before leveling to 8.1 about 1.5h later.
That evening I struggled with training and despite having carbs and protein shakes on me i struggled to stay over 5.5

Today, I feel so exhausted. Tired, I want to just sleep and I have no energy to do anything. I ate normally today and my sugar levels are back to normal.
First I thought I was sick or caught a bug, but no fever, no coughing, I just feel so so tired and cold.

Could just be tired but thought I'd ask if a sugar bounce hangover may be a thing?

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you have low blood sugars throughout the night it can lead to a hangover effect, waking up with headache etc. However even on bad days I'm usually ok a couple of hours after at most. So an evening workout shouldn't really be affected. Unless you had a wrestles night due to the low blood sugars which can lead to the effects you have had.

I'd just give your body a rest and go again tomorrow if you feel better. One thing you need to be carful of with inslin is that it can last for upto 5 hours (fast acting) in the body, so even though you may be level after 1.5/2 hours, it can drop later on.