Tiredness

Addyb

Newly diagnosed here. Hi from the greetings thread and thanks for all the help in that one.

So tiredness and feeling very lethargic. Is that a common symptom because I just feel ****** knackered all the time. I do have 2 autistic daughters as well though and I'm on sertraline for stress and anxiety so maybe it's a grand combination of them all.

Over the past few days since I got the news I've been checking my levels and it seems to be around 11 pre meal and 12+ post so hopefully I can get that down. I guess the main roadblock in getting these levels down will be sleep. I don't get anywhere near enough due to my daughter's sleep patterns or general lack of.
That will hopefully improve as the years pass. I've finally managed to get my bp down via amlopodine. Well it's gone from readings like 170/120 to 130/85.

Mainly just wondered about the tiredness.

Edited by mod for language

Last edited by a moderator:

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, tiredness does come with high BG, it did for me. Lack of sleep and stress can also be a factor.

Smallbrit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, tiredness was a big one for me when I had high blood sugars. Always exhausted and just not motivated to do anything.

I didn't really realise until got blood glucose under control and saw numbers in 6s and 7s that I started feeling better. It's not that I suddenly felt energetic - it was more that I was not falling asleep on the sofa every evening. I haven't fallen asleep on the sofa for months now... ;)