Tiredness

Eilean13

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Intolerance and closed minds
Hi

I was diagnosed in January this year, just wanted to ask if tiredness is one of the problems people have with T2. I take 3x 500 Metformin daily but can't find the answer in the box insert. Afternoons are particularly bad, I could just sleep for England. Conversely I struggle to stay asleep at night. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Diane

Eilean13

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks for the reply. I test in the morning which is normally in the low 6's and then two hours after lunch which again is in the 6's. Bedtime is same. So I can't make sense of it. Have had thyroid test which was clear. Spoken to GP lots of times about it and the lack of sleep at night but she doesn't seem all that concerned and said it was quite normal to wake up a lot at night. So no further forward.

Diane

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There are other reasons for tiredness which include thyroid, anaemia, vitamin B12 deficiency or vitamin D deficiency. Not just high BS.

I'd get tested for all of these. I struggled for over two years with tiredness and was finally diagnosed with Vitamin D deficiency. Once I was taking supplements I felt so much better.

If you don't get an answer from your HCP just keep going back. I got there eventually. I went to my GP this week (for something unrelated to my diabetes) and he commented on how well I look.

ClaireG 06

Very good point Denise :D Eilean your BS's sound good so i would suggest what Denise says and ask for other tests. My mother inlaw has just be diagnosed with vit D defiency and she was always tired.

Eilean13

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks for the replies. Have just started to feel rough again so tested and it was 4.9 !! Been to Holland & Barrett and bought B12 and D3 so have just taken some. Hopefully in a few weeks it should have worked.

Diane

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hiya, I asked for the vitaminD deficiency test as was EXHAUSTED all the time never able to turn a corner and feel brighter or with some form / type of energy. Am hypothyroid too also high BS so for a long time put it all down to these... Results from vitD test so severe am on the injection AND vitaminD 3 forte tablets. Please ask for the test then it can be ruled out or included? Best to know at least. Anna.x :)

Eilean13

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks Anna, have to make a review appointment with GP so will ak about tests then