to carb or not to carb!

meoman

you could call the card people and explain.. the paid for card would need swapping for an exempt card albeit it looks same.. we rang them and very helpful..

K

Kat100

Thank you for your help, the card is in the post, so will ask or ring them to try and sort things out, I have my first year review in December....following hba1c and all blood tests, so I will also know a bit more about what is happening..... Thank You for your help with my question...
I am a smaller portion carb person to add to the discussion with exercise abt 3 times a week and steady weight loss.... X

Bluebell13

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Kat

If you have an underactive thyroid then you should be getting your prescriptions free . My GP made me aware of this when I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid. I had to apply for an exemptions card which you then show to the pharmacist when collecting prescriptions. Hope this helps.

K

Kat100

Thank you bluebell, I had not been aware of this, but thought it was the case, I have thyroid bloods in December....all bloods.....in December so will sort things out after that....thank you for letting me know.....best wishes Kat

K

Kat100

Bluebell I have quite a few other meds as well as thyroid and metformin...will this card cover all meds which I need... Thanks you Kat

K

Kat100

Thank you for your help, I have been paying for the whole year on metformin thyroid for about 10 years...
Really must now sort this out....
Gratful for your help ......thank you again Kat

Bluebell13

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Kat

Glad to be of help - you will get all your meds free (regardless of what you are on). I was surprised at this info too but you are entitled to everything free.

Bluebell x

meoman

Kat
As I mentioned speak to the card people as theyre so helpful. Explain you didnt know and wondering what they can advise ref some remuneration. Say it "as it is" to them... really helpful people I found .. Good luck.

K

Kat100

Thank you I have just emailed the card people explaining all.....we just paid on line for new card this morning as it expires this month.....so hope they will get back soon...
Thank you again this information really helps....