1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Today’s carbs.

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by therower, Jan 28, 2020.

1. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

Yep me too! Cod and chips for me. I like Fridays:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Carbs today...........ran out of fingers and toes.....usual breakfast (60g carbs), and then it all went to cake......:joyful:......followed by last nights left over pasta dish for lunch and tonight I think it's Mexican, if I end up on the sameish BG number I started on today I suppose I could work out the carbs from the number of units I've had.......ball park figure?......lots!

• Like Like x 4
  3. NicoleC1971

NicoleC1971 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

So far plain yoghurt with nut butter, coffee x 2
    More coffee and a protein bar 15g
    \Hoping for more at the Mexican and cocktail place tonight!

• Like Like x 2
  4. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Rasps and yoghurt
    2 slices whole meal seeded bread with a topping of
    4 rashers bacon
    2 fried eggs
    Patterson’s chutney (a Grimsby chutney always stock up on visits home)
    Orange
    Oatie biscuit
    Olives

• Like Like x 2
  5. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@becca59 .
    Patterson’s chutney??????? Tell more.
    A rapid drop after gym hence 4 jelly babies and a good slice of malt loaf.
    Dinner was soup and French stick. New England butternut squash it said on the front label, wish I had turned it around. Back of label.....”with added cumin for warmth”. Not overly keen on spicy and the soup tasted more like curry sauce. The most annoying thing is that it now feels like a wasted meal.
    Will have to make tomorrow’s full English extra special.

• Like Like x 1
  6. becca59

Patterson’s was a local Grimsby factory which made chutneys and pickles. They were taken over some years ago by some company not local, but they must have bought the recipe and produce and sell it. But only around that area. It is our favourite. Not too harsh, and it is just made to go with a fry up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kaylz91

kaylz91 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Breakfast - same old
    Dinner - Milano salami sandwich and dark chocolate ginger (7 slices salami!)
    Tea - 2 minute steaks, baby potatoes, roasted sprouts, onion gravy and a square lindt 90%
    xx

• Like Like x 1
  8. lovinglife

lovinglife Type 2 · Well-Known Member

This is my favourite thread to lurk in - I’m keto but I’m absolutely loving reading and tasting vicariously all the yummy carbs you are all having - I’m what you call a “feeder” so love seeing people enjoy their food no matter what it is :);)

• Like Like x 4
  9. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Worked out I must have had about 250g of carbs today! Yeah ended the day on the same number I started on so I’m happyish - I could of bolused better and not corrected later as much as I had to.

• Like Like x 3
  10. sleepster

sleepster Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Today I've had porridge made with soya milk, 3 bourbon biscuits, a spoonful of peanut butter, a madeleine and an instant pasta pot, I should probably eat some fruit or vegetables as I haven't had a single one today, but have had plenty of rubbish :meh:

• Like Like x 1
  11. therower

After tonight’s soup let down and a breezy one hour walk I had to deal with a low.
    Found 3 rashers of bacon in the fridge . OH left them there yesterday, she had bacon sarnies but didn’t use all the bacon.
    Lucky me;). A few seconds in the microwave and the resulting bacon sarnie has been delicious.
    A few biscuits ( rich teas ) with a cup of coffee , just to be on the safe side and I should be good to go for the night.:)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

Bacon mmmmmmmmm

I’ve had a sausage butty Friday brekky

Chicken Spuds n veg for dinner

Cream crackers and Red Leicester around 9pm

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Walking Girl

Walking Girl Type 2 · Well-Known Member

B: typical berry smoothie. Golden (tumeric) latte
    L: “Mediterranean plate” at the restaurant. Toasted Pita bread, olives, fresh mozzarella, red pepper, and hummus.. small salad.
    D: homemade split pea soup, plus 2 added handfuls of kale as I was light on My goal for leafy greens for the day.. 2 pieces Ezekiel bread, toasted as croutons.
    3 mile run :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. becca59

Well today, a bit of a Christmas dinner re run, yum yum!
    Rasps and yoghurt (usual 10 carb breakfast)
    Satsuma- a bit low pre walk (yesterday’s swimming making its presence known)
    Dry Sherry
    Roast Pheasant
    Chipolata sausages
    Roast celeriac
    Carrots
    Parsnips
    Sprouts
    Broccoli
    Leeks
    Peas
    Gravy
    Rebeccas own Christmas pudding and cream with a dash of brandy. (An old diabetic sugar free counted version)
    Half a bottle of red wine
    Prosecco
    10 units taken for the lot. Sitting on a 5.9 with no rise above my 8.5 blue line limit on the Libre 4 hours later. A win win I would say.
    May have a whisky later ( a treat after a manic week )

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. therower

Full English breakfast. Egg, bacon, tomatoes, beans, sausage, hash brown, black pudding, toast and fried bread.
    All accompanied by a large latte.
    Total carbs? Erm....... Guesstimated and following the 4 feet on floor 90 mins previously I followed up with a further 10 units.
    Seemed there or there about. Highest BS was 9.7 and then came down again. I’ll take that.
    Evening dinner is yet to be decided, in all honesty not overly hungry so maybe something snacky will suffice.

• Like Like x 1
  16. therower

@becca59 . Sounds like you’ve had a very enjoyable day with good food and drink.
    Enjoy your whisky.;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello friends, I had my shake this morning 15g and now I finished McDonald’s, half a burger and large fries, I’m guessing 50g, with a diet sprite :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. smc4761

smc4761 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Same old brekkie of porridge, with sprinkling of cinnamon 40g
    Roll and sausage +egg 30g

Tonight is fun trying to guesstimate. carry out from Indian, which will be about 5 pieces of pakora, 2 popadoms and some spiced onions, about 35 g of carbs ???

Followed by smallish portion of fried rice and Chiken Tikka Bhuna maybe 40/50 g of carbs

Will do a dual bolus over 3 hours on pump

ooooh followed by a cheeky wee bottle of Pinot

• Like Like x 1
  19. sleepster

sleepster Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Before bed last night I had some carrot and celery sticks since I had been lacking in the vegetable department!
    Today I've had a banana, an m&s chicken and bacon caesar wrap, 2 cheese and onion crispbakes with half a tin of baked beans, a madeleine cake (I don't eat these every day, I bought a box of them from costco a while ago and realised last week they were best before the end of December!) and I'm going to have an apple. Tea and water to drink :)

20. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I added 100g of green grapes, 15g, 1 small jazz apple, 8g and two boiled eggs, which I’m assuming 2-3g for both :)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook