TOENAIL

gazza1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i bumped my little toe last week and the nail has come off. I was advised when i first was told I have to be very careful with feet.Should i get this seen to?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It's worth going and getting the once over either from your GP or a Podiatrist, but I'd add to that I've had the toenail on my big toe of one of my feet come off multiple times due to sport and not had any problems with it (other than a now malformed toenail that is partial to Athlete's foot).

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
agree with tim2000s -- worth getting it looked at

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
i bumped my little toe last week and the nail has come off. I was advised when i first was told I have to be very careful with feet.Should i get this seen to?

Hi and yes, I would advise a trip to see your GP or your practice nurse, it does need to be looked at. Good luck and please take care. RRB

nannie_22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Having CKD
Hiya, i have a similar problem atm im a T2 & i dropped a marble fire surround on my toe 5 weeks ago, went to minor injuries unit, x-ray showed a broken toe but it wasn't that that is causing me grief its thefact that the surrounding skin swelling, i was attending my practice nurse who discharged me after two weeks as my toe just constantly leaked, thats now stopped in the last few day's but the smell was atrocious and the nail is still hanging on by the skin of its teeth, dont see the need to go back to the nurse/doc but i would
advise just getting it checked out to b on the safe side, good luck & take care , watch out if u have dog's as i do because the terrible twosome keep trying to get at my toe