Too low????

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Would be for a bit too low for anyone using insulin. Not sure of your meds but if not using insulin or gliczade (scuse the spelling) a very good reading.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you type 1 or 2?

If you're type 1 it's only too low if you're heading to bed.

If you're type 2 my understanding is that's a great reading, but I'm a type 1 so I'm not 100%. Unless you're on a medication that reduces BG, like insulin, I didn't think you could really get "too low". Could be wrong though!

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No problems then :)

My understanding is you can't have a "proper" hypo, but you can have a reactive hypo if your BG has been high for some time. It is safe to not treat it, as your own body will sort itself out. It is only unsafe if you've injected additional insulin which your body can't "turn off"

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Additional activity etc will reduce it. You've clearly done something right today :) I hope you see more of these numbers!

Pompeygirl

5.2 fasting this morning i have never seen below 7.5. Could it be possible that finally my body is starting to respond? I hope so, guess only time and testing will tell

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great news! It would appear so! Just keep doing what you're doing!

2131tom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If it helps, I'm in the second month of control, with the same meds as you, and last week saw my lowest level of 4.3. Like you I was a bit worried but I felt fine so I decided not to worry.

Since then there have been an increasing number of readings in the 5s and a few more in the 4s, BTW.

pipwizard

I've just started gliclazide and mine are also going down low first time today just worried about it going to low tonight lol no one have told me what a good reading is hmmm but well done

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
on met im often 3.0 i can actually induce a 3 and it dosent effect me, ive asked and have been told its fine, not sure about glic tho

Pompeygirl

Im not on glic. I have a friend who gad had hypos on glic. Today i went up to. 8 after my breakfast of toast but was fine after. 3 hours and have been at. 5.5 all day do something different is happening. Not going to increase carbs tho as i want to carry on losing weight