Too Much Cream?

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here I am, sipping on my morning coffee and I actually said out loud “blast, too much cream”.

Is there any hope for me? Will the local dairy farmers now go out of business? AM I CURED?!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha! I occasionally find the same.
Actually, I think my tastes have recently shifted to less cream than before.
It is very disturbing.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Here I am, sipping on my morning coffee and I actually said out loud “blast, too much cream”.

Is there any hope for me? Will the local dairy farmers now go out of business? AM I CURED?!

Tut Tut! Pull yourself together woman!

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woah there people!! What is this?

I shan’t question it, I’ll carry on testing my coffee and cream addiction and see what happens but I’ve already given up carbs, I’m not dropping another food group ;)

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The only problem I have with too much cream in my coffee is it makes it too cold. I like my coffee hot!

Me too, absolutely essential. I now make sure my mug is hot before I put the coffee in and I have been known to warm the cream.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
My family joke saying Mum likes a splash of coffee with her cream. I had a lightbulb moment and made an extra strong cup and allowed it to go cold then whisked it up with DC and Voila! A lovely pudding.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My family joke saying Mum likes a splash of coffee with her cream. I had a lightbulb moment and made an extra strong cup and allowed it to go cold then whisked it up with DC and Voila! A lovely pudding.

I do something very similar. I’ve been experimenting with cold brewed coffee and so far, so good.

Reactions: Guzzler

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do something very similar. I’ve been experimenting with cold brewed coffee and so far, so good.
do you do a bit of hot to release the flavour and then top up with cold or just do it all cold?
I find the all cold a bit weak..

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
do you do a bit of hot to release the flavour and then top up with cold or just do it all cold?
I find the all cold a bit weak..

The trick is to leave it to brew for at least two days, if not more and use a good amount of fresh coffee. I have a killer jar with a stainless steel filter that fits in the top. Fill that with coffee, top up with cold water and leave it. I had best result from a three day brew.

Attachments

• 8DF9991C-207F-4793-B9BC-38C8D358AAB5.jpeg
    8DF9991C-207F-4793-B9BC-38C8D358AAB5.jpeg
    346.9 KB · Views: 168

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I am fortunate (?) that I like my hot drinks cooler. So a lump of butter and a big slug of cream usually brings the temperature down to "just nice".

I think I put a bit more cream in when I make it because it comes through a bit too hot when my partner makes it.

I do need strong coffee, though. If the coffee is too weak it just tastes like watered down cream. Not a fan of this.

I've started using my Aeropress http://www.aeropress.co.uk/ again to male real coffee - sometimes I use instant - and that also makes a big difference to the taste.

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I overdid the cream over Christmas and New Year and didn't lose any weight :( (didn't gain any though :) ) so I've cut back on the cream for a few weeks - one stone to go.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I can’t get the cold brewed right so I make a Nespresso and either drink it hot in the morning and make another right away and eat the crema and then put in the fridge or freezer if short in time. Works to make it at night as well and refridge over night.
Then I pop some ice in it. Can’t ice it while hot or even warm or it waters down. I also only ice it in stainless steel mugs so the ice stays ice.

Even cold brewed from coffee shops can be too weak.