too much levemir!!

jonesma10

sorry if this question has been posted before but i'm tired and can't find what i'm looking for!
i have juat taken my levemir injection (i have it once a day at the same time) and accidently injected 7 units too many - 39 instead of 32 :S my blood sugar is a bit high so shouldn't really eat anything to prevent a hypo.. will this dose be ok or will i get into trouble during the night? :S
i've been using levemir for years and this is the first time i've made this mistake!!
thanks in advance! :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Bit late I know but my advice would be to monitor our bg over the next 24 hours.

Nigel

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If your reading at the time was a little high it's probably going to be okay overnight but to be safe set an alarm for 2am to check and again for about 6 or 7am if you're not already up at that time. Keep and eye on your readings for the next 24 hours and you may need to cut back on your bolus ratios for breakfast, lunch and evening meal or top up with a small carby snack during the day. If you do any exercise the following day be aware that your readings may drop lower than usual.