Toujeo 300

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Is anyone on this insulin? My doctor has just changed me from Lantus to this one and I start it tonight. I am on other oral drugs and Trulicity. Since moving to Tenerife in January 2016 and losing my husband of 45 years in October 2016, my diabetes has gradually gone out of control despite what I eat or however many medications they put me on. Also the support for Diabetics over here is non-existent, and as the months go on my grief is just getting worse, and I am convinced that until my emotional state settles down my physical health will not change.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Is anyone on this insulin? My doctor has just changed me from Lantus to this one and I start it tonight. I am on other oral drugs and Trulicity. Since moving to Tenerife in January 2016 and losing my husband of 45 years in October 2016, my diabetes has gradually gone out of control despite what I eat or however many medications they put me on. Also the support for Diabetics over here is non-existent, and as the months go on my grief is just getting worse, and I am convinced that until my emotional state settles down my physical health will not change.
Yes. I've been on Toujeo300 for well over a year now.
I was losing weight on the mixed insulins but I was injecting more than a pen of it, on some occasions so I was prescribed Toujeo300 and novarapid.
I'm awaiting bariatric surgery to try and reduce my insulin need. My diabetic team are hoping for no novarapid and just Toujeo300 and metformin. I was at a point hoping for far less insulin than that but since a few infections and iron deficiency my bgs have been in double figures but are now slowly coming back down. .. even on low carb meals.
Ive had a few weight adding meds added since I started losing weight on the correct amount of insulin. I'm really up against it and I fight tooth and nail to lose weight.
I'm increasing my Toujeo300 at mo to try and get perfect bgs to aid weight loss. I'm having no hypos like on mixed insulin. Altho my old 4s aided my weight loss hugely.
I would recommend Toujeo300 as very very rarely do I hypo even thou novarapid can cause them.

Ps. Somogyi effect happens more on Toujeo300 than M3 insulin.

Last edited:

SandraRich

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I’m on Toujeo300, over a year now. My Hba1c has come down from 112 to 58 in just over a year. I’m not saying that it’s just this insulin that has done it. I’ve had a complete change of insulin in the last 16 months and this along with medication and dieting/watching what I eat has helped. I hope that Toujeo300 will help you both too.

Reactions: ickihun