1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Toujeo 300

Discussion in 'Type 2 with Insulin' started by Jude, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Jude

Jude Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Is anyone on this insulin? My doctor has just changed me from Lantus to this one and I start it tonight. I am on other oral drugs and Trulicity. Since moving to Tenerife in January 2016 and losing my husband of 45 years in October 2016, my diabetes has gradually gone out of control despite what I eat or however many medications they put me on. Also the support for Diabetics over here is non-existent, and as the months go on my grief is just getting worse, and I am convinced that until my emotional state settles down my physical health will not change.

• Hug Hug x 2
  2. EllsKBells

EllsKBells Type 1 · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

Yes. I've been on Toujeo300 for well over a year now.
    I was losing weight on the mixed insulins but I was injecting more than a pen of it, on some occasions so I was prescribed Toujeo300 and novarapid.
    I'm awaiting bariatric surgery to try and reduce my insulin need. My diabetic team are hoping for no novarapid and just Toujeo300 and metformin. I was at a point hoping for far less insulin than that but since a few infections and iron deficiency my bgs have been in double figures but are now slowly coming back down. .. even on low carb meals.
    Ive had a few weight adding meds added since I started losing weight on the correct amount of insulin. I'm really up against it and I fight tooth and nail to lose weight.
    I'm increasing my Toujeo300 at mo to try and get perfect bgs to aid weight loss. I'm having no hypos like on mixed insulin. Altho my old 4s aided my weight loss hugely.
    I would recommend Toujeo300 as very very rarely do I hypo even thou novarapid can cause them.

Ps. Somogyi effect happens more on Toujeo300 than M3 insulin.

#3 ickihun, Jun 15, 2018 at 6:05 PM
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  4. SandraRich

SandraRich Type 1 · Newbie

Hi, I’m on Toujeo300, over a year now. My Hba1c has come down from 112 to 58 in just over a year. I’m not saying that it’s just this insulin that has done it. I’ve had a complete change of insulin in the last 16 months and this along with medication and dieting/watching what I eat has helped. I hope that Toujeo300 will help you both too.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook