Toujeo any thoughts please

Nannynet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi I'm going into hospital hopefully tomorrow as so many diabetes problems, ive already posted im on Abasaglar, its not working for me, so I thought of maybe asking about toujeo as its once a day, as I can't go on like this, as I said before I was on levemir but that didn't last, even with 2 shots, then Abasaglar which I'm on now, and its peaks after 6 hours and makes levels low, at night , as on 2 shots, and one shot wouldn't last 24 hrs, anyone know about toujeo, it says flat profile, thats what I need, as no matter how I try i can't get dose and timing right with Abasaglar, I'm either high or low, nothing in between, I was on tresiba for short time, but made me very unwell can anyone give me there views on this, thank you lovely people.

StewM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm going into hospital hopefully tomorrow as so many diabetes problems, ive already posted im on Abasaglar, its not working for me, so I thought of maybe asking about toujeo as its once a day, as I can't go on like this, as I said before I was on levemir but that didn't last, even with 2 shots, then Abasaglar which I'm on now, and its peaks after 6 hours and makes levels low, at night , as on 2 shots, and one shot wouldn't last 24 hrs, anyone know about toujeo, it says flat profile, thats what I need, as no matter how I try i can't get dose and timing right with Abasaglar, I'm either high or low, nothing in between, I was on tresiba for short time, but made me very unwell can anyone give me there views on this, thank you lovely people.

I remember your last post about Tresiba

If I’m getting the timeline right you’ve been on Tresiba, Levimir and Abasalgar since April. That’s not really a lot of time to work with any of them. So… I’m not sure it’s actually a good idea to add a fourth Basal into the mix.

Every Basal has a different ‘personality’ and will interact with your body’s natural peaks and troughs differently. I find figuring out how the Basal’s personality interacts with your body’s requires quite a lot of trial and error.

What has been the results of Basal Tests you’ve carried out?

If you’re looking for a completely flat profile 24/7 you’ll need to figure out when your natural peaks and troughs are and match them as best you can with the peaks and troughs of your Basal.

Nannynet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
I remember your last post about Tresiba

If I’m getting the timeline right you’ve been on Tresiba, Levimir and Abasalgar since April. That’s not really a lot of time to work with any of them. So… I’m not sure it’s actually a good idea to add a fourth Basal into the mix.

Every Basal has a different ‘personality’ and will interact with your body’s natural peaks and troughs differently. I find figuring out how the Basal’s personality interacts with your body’s requires quite a lot of trial and error.

What has been the results of Basal Tests you’ve carried out?

If you’re looking for a completely flat profile 24/7 you’ll need to figure out when your natural peaks and troughs are and match them as best you can with the peaks and troughs of your Basal.
Hi I was on levemir for 15 years,but my body altered and even the two doses wouldn't last till next one, so was left with no background for few hrs each morning, which caused blood sugars rise, worse in morning and hard to control .so tried tresiba which made me very unwell, so I was put back on levemir, which wasn't working well with me anyway, so put on Abasaglar, but the peaks in early hours send me hypo, then insulin wears off, and I get awful highs, mainly as I step out of bed, which I have to take double amount of insulin when having breakfast, and still rise as new dose hasn't kicked in, so usually need correction as well, so it really doesn't work for me sadly, thanks for reply.