1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Toujeo question. Switching from Levemier.

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by lcarter, Jun 14, 2019.

1. lcarter

lcarter Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

Hi, I have been given Toujeo today and told to start taking it. Stupidly I didn't ask when I should start taking it and the DNs have closed now. I last took my levemier at 9am, I usually take my other levemier dose at 11pm. Would I take toujeo then do you think or in the morning? Thanks for any advice.

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Staff Member Administrator

For clarity, I have never used insulin, so have zero experience to offer you. I had a quick consultation with DrGoogle and I wonder if their of these links could have something helpful for you

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/6938/smpc

http://www.lancsmmg.nhs.uk/download...eet and Good Practice Guide (Version 1.0).pdf

If I recall, @ickihun uses Toujeo, but she's not around at the moment, having just had an op.

On the upside, this post will bounce your thread to the top of the reading lists again.

Fingers crossed for you.

• Like Like x 2
  3. lcarter

You're amazingly helpful. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Why not think about what time would suit you best? As you're on split doses now I don't think it would really matter either way. If you still have Levemir left you could also opt to postpone the change to monday and ask your DN.
    Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. lcarter

I have no idea why I haven't thought of that! I didn't want to double dose, and figured levemier would still be in my system now. I'll wait. Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  6. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

Not long now.

DN should hv explained things better but just having a rocky beginning. A good group of appreciation to toujeo insulin. Is this, what your searching for??

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook