1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Transient Neonatal Diabetes Mettilus

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Tabbie17, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Tabbie17

Tabbie17 Other · Member

Hi so when I was born I was diagnosed with a rare from of diabetes called Transient Neonatal Diabetes Mettilus caused by a genetic mutation in my Chromosome 6. However, it meant that I grew out of diabetes at around 4-6 months old. Since then (I am now aged 20) I have occasionally seen a doctor about the condition who assumed I was fine except for occasional hypos. But very recently I have been diagnosed as a diabetic, although it i so early days that I can only say it is suspected Type 1 although the doctors are not sure yet. My question was that although I know this is a very rare disorder are there any others who have had this condition at all who have become diabetic or just any others in general who have had this?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook