Travel Advice/tips

Jc3131

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all, I'm off to Budapest in February for a few days, it's the first time I've travelled abroad since my t1 diagnosis.

I have a letter from the hospital stating that I need to carry my supplies with me etc. My main worries are about what to do with the used needles etc? Do I carry a small sharps bin with me and then bring it home? How do I 'guess' my insulin doses while eating foods im not used to (being a Northerner I'm not that cultured with food)?

Or will it be just go with the flow while I'm away?

I have an appointment with my Dr next week and I'm going to mention the Libre and see if I can have a trial of it so I can use it while I'm away, I don't have much hope with getting it though.

Cheers John

D

Deleted Account

Have you read the Travel pages on diabetes.co.uk?
There is lots of advice there which will answer most questions and more.
In fact, if you go to the home pages and look through the menus you will be amazed at how much Diabetes related information there is on this site and reading them you will get answers quicker than waiting for a response on the forum.

Reactions: Jc3131

Jc3131

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you read the Travel pages on diabetes.co.uk?
There is lots of advice there which will answer most questions and more.
In fact, if you go to the home pages and look through the menus you will be amazed at how much Diabetes related information there is on this site and reading them you will get answers quicker than waiting for a response on the forum.
Cheers, I will have a look now.