Travel Insurance

Hello everybody, My name is Christine (type 1) and wondered if anybody could give me a good Travel Firm, in order for me to ge Travel Insurance. I went on a site yesterday and put in all my details, and you wont believe the reply I got...... Sorry we don't insure people with a TERMINAL illness. What poppycock! Anybody got any ideas. Thanks x

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. We've used Saga for years. My wife and I have several medical conditions and I've just added my insulin treatment just started to my policy. The premium does go up as a result. We have an annual policy covering Europe but the Underwriter refuses an annual policy to cover Worldwide as our illness score is too high. They do still do single trip policies for the USA. You need to phone Saga to tell them about your medical conditions and buy the policy.

cosmicpoppy

Hi Christine,

I have my travel insurance with Barclay's Bank. It's called the Travel Pack Plus which includes World Wide Travel Insurance, full RAC car breakdown cover (for both cars), loss of personal effects & access to airport lounges at £13.50 per month for me and my husband who has a previous medical condition. They were fully informed about the various medications including insulin etc. and did not increase the premium for an additional condition. I am delighted with the service and have saved over £200 per year. :D