Travel pouch

jamesfitz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
can anyone recommend a case for insulin in the uk?

Literally just for taking out which contains compartments for needles etc?

D

Deleted Account

Frio seems to be the case of choice, when this question is asked on the forum.

https://friouk.com/
Frio wallets keeps insulin cool. They are not cases for diabetes paraphernalia such as meter, needles, lancets, test strips, etc.

If you google “diabetes case uk” there are lots of options.

Personally, I do not use a dedicated case. I use a Healthy Back Baglett. This is big enough for two insulin pens, meter (without the case ... I don’t need a case within a case) test strips, lancer, there is a pocket needles and lancets and still room for a credit card, mobile and house key.

If you want to keep your insulin cool because you are going to a hot climate, a two pen Frio wallet fits in the Baglett.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine came in one of these, enough space for a pen and extra needles. When the zipper broke I called Novonordisk and they sent me 2 new ones, I even got to choose the color. So give them a call and they may help you :)
upload_2019-5-16_22-50-8.jpeg
170527181559_IMG_4869.jpg

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used the hard case which came with my novopen for years - 3 needle slots, pen and a spare vial slot. But I think it broke, so now everything is a bit more loose - the pens are robust enough to live in whatever bag I've got with me, I've always got some food too, and I either pack my plastic pot with spare needles or put a couple in a camera case.

edan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I used a pencil case before I got a reusable pen, those come with a case.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Anything with the words Diabetic on them is going to be expensive...have a look around places like B&M etc.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Look in the kids back to school section, there is always a wide variety of pencil type cases, big and small with all manner of little compartments and hidey holes. Cheap too.