Traveling to UAE.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In need of any information, problems or experiences of travelling to Dubai.
I’m slightly concerned as I’ve been made of an instance of a type1 with a pump experiencing difficulties at Dubai airport.
Forewarned is fore harmed hopefully.
Thanks for any information.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I haven't been on holiday to Dubai but I have travelled through the airport with a pump and had no problems whatsoever.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In need of any information, problems or experiences of travelling to Dubai.
I’m slightly concerned as I’ve been made of an instance of a type1 with a pump experiencing difficulties at Dubai airport.
Forewarned is fore harmed hopefully.
Thanks for any information.

I have't been through Dubai airport, never mind with a pump, but in your shoes, I would suggest finding an ex-pat forum for Dubai. They are usually invaluable mines of information, based upon lived experiences.

Enjoy Dubai.

Deejaypdex

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I lived in Dubai for 2 years, but before I was diagnosed.

you should be absolutely fine, Dubai airport is one of the busiest transit hubs in the world, so they will see people with pumps often.

The staff and security personnel are usually fine. I would just make sure you have a letter from the hospital detailing what medicines and equipment you are carrying and why, as well as keeping meds in original packaging.

The only rule to be careful of is that you cannot bring more than 3 months supply of any medicine into the country, so just a heads up if you are taking lots with you for a long trip, as this could land you in trouble.

you can also phone the UAE embassy in your home country, they are normally pretty helpful

Reactions: zand