Treadmill

Bluegrey2019

Hi I've gone an bought a treadmill to try and bring my bg down I've had bloods done and Strangely my fasting bloods done at gp show no issue yet my home blood results suggest otherwise. I'm pregnant 25 weeks and do have another gtt test next week.

So in the mean time I'm going to try and bring them down with exercise but I'm not good at doing things after eating I always feel sick I mostly did mine first thing I suppose you'd class that as in fasted state. But what is the best time to exercise to have the best benefits on bg levels? Would three walks before meals a day help or three after?

Many thanks for reading

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you are eating carbohydrates then I'd suggest walking at a slow ish pace up a little hill after your meals (sorry) assuming your new treadmill has an incline feature? You will be able to use up your muscle's supplies of glucose and your body will therefore burn what you've just eaten before it is converted to fat. Using the muscles a bit more makes them more insulin sensitive! Also good to be fitter if you plan to give birth naturally (or so I am told). Don't overheat or let your hear rate get to high during exercise in your 2nd trimester (you should still be able to talk). Good luck!

Bluegrey2019

Hi thank you for reply so is it better to exercise after eating rather than before? And is that straight after or within a time window say half hour after eating? Thanks