Treat!

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I stumbled across these in Tesco tonight. The new flavour is delicious and only 9g of carbs per pot. They are on offer at the moment, 4 pots for £3.

IMG_1528493312.387959.jpg
IMG_9210.jpg
IMG_9204.jpg

Reactions: CranberryIce

Jenny15

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Jazz music, science denial, and running out of coffee.
I want one! Great find.

Reactions: mytype1.life

ChrisT2D

Defo going to give this a try I’m relatively new to this and tried muller light bg ended up at 14. Jelly is also a great shout I hadn’t thought of

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Looks good, but 0.24 g sodium per 100 mls may be above the recommended <120mg/100 g I think - but unsure how much 100 mls of it weighs. ref: Salt Matters
My peeve is that these proprietary food should be regulated to declare whether they contain gluten AND what the GI and GL are.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
As I'm diet controlled, and even eggs cause a BG rise, this little treat is going to be a no no.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
I didn’t take insulin for this and there was no rise. Eggs makes me rise too.

I tried an experiment with something called "Sweet Freedom" Choc Shot liquid chocolate. I weighed out 5 gms, therefore 2.5 gms carb (mostly sugar). It demonstrated how refined carbs react differently (quicker) to unrefined. It caused a peak which took some hours to return to normal. I didn't have a sweet tooth anyway, just wanted to try an experiment.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Monoglycerides and diglycerides can contain trans fats.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I tried an experiment with something called "Sweet Freedom" Choc Shot liquid chocolate. I weighed out 5 gms, therefore 2.5 gms carb (mostly sugar). It demonstrated how refined carbs react differently (quicker) to unrefined. It caused a peak which took some hours to return to normal. I didn't have a sweet tooth anyway, just wanted to try an experiment.
I use their Choc Pot spread in small amounts on 90 second bread with peanut butter. Gives me the Reeses Peanut Butter Cup vibe I miss so much! That was today’s lunch, in fact...