Treating hypos, what do you use?

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Glucotabs. Easy to carry, dissolve in the mouth easier than Dextrotabs, no drink required. If available I will get some kind of drink but I don't carry drinks with me, they are too bulky.

Ideally I would like a container of pressurised IV glucose solution attached to a permanent tap in my cerebral artery. Apparently that's not yet generally available.

Reactions: 4 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glucotabs. Easy to carry, dissolve in the mouth easier than Dextrotabs, no drink required. If available I will get some kind of drink but I don't carry drinks with me, they are too bulky.

Ideally I would like a container of pressurised IV glucose solution attached to a permanent tap in my cerebral artery. Apparently that's not yet generally available.
With immense respect.... (I've read yer other stuff.)
Have you ever tried chewing on or putting any temporary solids as a lead singer in a metal band?

Cool,idea on the cerebral artery IV... But I kind of don't wanna look like the "Borg". Even though it would look kind of cool with what I do..... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wash 'em down with a plastic cup of warm beer 'n fan-spit. :)

You may jest.. But I've been offered "fan beer" in a plastic cup & had to a salute & "fake a drink" due to being the designated driver back to the hotel... (Being the only Diabetic.)
I don't touch a drop if driving. I happen to have a funny metabolism. That's another story....;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
You may jest.. But I've been offered "fan beer" in a plastic cup & had to a salute & "fake a drink" due to being the designated driver back to the hotel... (Being the only Diabetic.)
I don't touch a drop if driving. I happen to have a funny metabolism. That's another story....;)
Oh that is gross, boys. And not a lot grosses me out. Even my husband responded with omg! Yuck! Warm beer!

Reactions: 7 people

HeatherMay_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Half a bottle of Lucozade does the trick with me. I don't eat anything, just drink. I know drinking is a quick time solution but for me it's easier to burn off plus it keeps my bloods up enough time to then have lunch or something.