Treatment for Charcot

devans

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not getting access tot he Diabetes Co Uk Cookbooks
I recently posted a message about being diagnosed with Charcot. Well several consultations with Orthopaedics, Podiatrists and my Endo I am becoming very frustrated at the lack of support for me for this condition. After 6 months in a Cam Boot and being bedridden, I have suffered major muscle wastage in my legs and are no longer able to lift my foot that's in the boot. There is no longer any pain or swelling in my foot. I am becoming more and more concerned that I am heading for a wheelchair. No other alternatives are being offered.

Has anyone else been treated for this and if so other than through using a Cam boot what have they been advised??

Ragmar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello @devans I started posting on this forum but post a lot on the diabetes subreddit on reddit and came across this user who recently went through the surgery. I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules but here's the link to his thread and if you click on his username, he made a follow up post detailing how his operation went and etc but be warned its NSFW.

https://www.reddit.com/r/diabetes/comments/812xi4/monday_i_have_charcot_foot_surgery/

I wish you the best in your management and care