TRESbia

Damonite

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been taking tresbia since Thursday started on 20 following night 22 then tonight 25. I've never seen my blood sugars so bad they were better on levimir.

The reason doc wanted me to change was because I would start to rise in the evening a little bit and then between 3 and 4 id drop and because I would wake up high but thats only cause I had to have a snack in the night and it i inject early morning then go back to sleep i wake up good. So maybe I should try the spliting levimir twice a day?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been taking tresbia since Thursday started on 20 following night 22 then tonight 25. I've never seen my blood sugars so bad they were better on levimir.

The reason doc wanted me to change was because I would start to rise in the evening a little bit and then between 3 and 4 id drop and because I would wake up high but thats only cause I had to have a snack in the night and it i inject early morning then go back to sleep i wake up good. So maybe I should try the spliting levimir twice a day?

From your other thread, it seems you have a call with your team tomorrow to discuss this change?

I'm neither T1, not an insulin user, but I do know with another medication I take, when making changes to that regime, things sometimes get worse before an improvement appears. Maybe you're just in that rubbish in-betweeny stage?

I also understand, from reading on here that when insulins are changed, the HCPs are often conservative with their calculations for the transitional period, so that the potential for serious lows are avoided. I believe the general feel is that higher than desired numbers can be managed more readily than very low stuff which can be light threatening, more immediately.

Clearly very high numbers plus ketones is the exception. If your numbers are high teens or higher, do you check for ketones?

Reactions: Damonite

Damonite

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
From your other thread, it seems you have a call with your team tomorrow to discuss this change?

I'm neither T1, not an insulin user, but I do know with another medication I take, when making changes to that regime, things sometimes get worse before an improvement appears. Maybe you're just in that rubbish in-betweeny stage?

I also understand, from reading on here that when insulins are changed, the HCPs are often conservative with their calculations for the transitional period, so that the potential for serious lows are avoided. I believe the general feel is that higher than desired numbers can be managed more readily than very low stuff which can be light threatening, more immediately.

Clearly very high numbers plus ketones is the exception. If your numbers are high teens or higher, do you check for ketones?
Hi yeah I check ketones

Reactions: DCUKMod

diabetic12yrs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Tresiba takes 3 days before you see a difference