Tresiba users.....

debbiiee

Hi
I am not taking Tresiba, but I wud like to know how people get on with it. Pls share ur experiences if u have switched to tresiba from another basal. Do u find it superior to other basals? There is not much info about tresiba in the forum.
Any thanks in advance:):):)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The only member I can recall who is on Trisiba is Robert72, he's not always on-line so hang fire and he might reply when he see's your post.

Reactions: 2 people

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I'm on tresiba, moved from Humulin I as that was not having the effect I needed

When I swapped I started on somewhere between half and three quarters of my normal dose and tweaked from there

When making adjustments allow atleast 3 or 4 days as it has a build up effect in your system as it lasts about 62 hours

Ive missed the odd injection without effect

And my control is so much better on tresiba

marilee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been using it just about a month and found this forum when looking info about tresiba from internet :). There doesn't seem to be much info available.
My first month has been really good. Was using Protaphane before and had problems with highs in the evening and lows at night time. Now there still are some 10+ results every now and then, but then it's usually because of too little humalog. Almost no lows, only 3 results under 3 in my meter last month. Specially happy about that.

debbiiee

Thank you Searley and marilee. Its true that tresiba is the only available insulin with least risk of hypos. I think it remains in the system for 42 hours.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
All looks positive so far with Trisiba. How long do you find that it lasts and what system do you have in place for remembering to inject it. When it first came out I had some misgivings about a 42 hour basal as I feared I'd forget to inject it being two days apart.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I inject daily, that the idea of it so that the effect is very flat

It then means if you accidentally miss one day it doesn't have much of an effect

So my advice and that if my constant was to continue on a daily regime

I have mine just right and the action is very flat

Tested last night before bed at about 10pm at 8.8. At 2am I was 8.6. And 9am I was 8.8 again

With Humulin it lasted me 12 hours, and I would have a low after a few hours

Reactions: 3 people

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
@searly, have u experienced any dawn rise before changing to tresiba?

Before tresiba I had lows at about 2am even if I went to bed at 12+

And yes I would be between 10 and 11 at 7:30am and it was difficult to control during the day

I find if I am at 7.0 before bed I'm normally within 1 of that in the morning

Upon waking if I'm at 7, without breakfast I will be at about 6 before lunch

For me once I got the dose right it's really stable, certainly the best control ive had in the last 4 years

A year ago my hba1c was 8.9 my last one was 6.8 and is only been on tresiba for 2 months

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I inject daily, that the idea of it so that the effect is very flat

It then means if you accidentally miss one day it doesn't have much of an effect

So my advice and that if my constant was to continue on a daily regime

I have mine just right and the action is very flat

Tested last night before bed at about 10pm at 8.8. At 2am I was 8.6. And 9am I was 8.8 again

With Humulin it lasted me 12 hours, and I would have a low after a few hours

Now that's interesting, thanks for the reply Searley.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi debbiiee

With Lantus, I was getting mild lows during the night (which woke me and I treated them) and a bit of DP before waking (although that could have resulted from the lows). When I reduced my dose to stop the nighttime lows it wasn't enough basal for the days. I tried splitting the Lantus but in my case it was more erratic, so I switched to Tresiba. My GP said my Consultant was trying to bust his prescribing budget, so I guess it's quite a bit more expensive.

I've been on Tresiba for a month now and am finding it much flatter than Lantus. My dose is lower (Lantus was 12u and Tresiba is 10u) and I also need less bolus with meals. Best of all I get a good night's sleep :) I take it at 6pm every evening. I may change that at some point but I'm still tweaking a bit - as @searley says, it takes 3-4 days for changes to take effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Just Started On Tresiba today 07/07/14 and although I am actually allergic to it, I have started with 50 units at Breakfast time once per day.
(Read thread Allergic to all Insulin).

debbiiee

Just Started On Tresiba today 07/07/14 and although I am actually allergic to it, I have started with 50 units at Breakfast time once per day.
(Read thread Allergic to all Insulin).
Hope u get on well with tresiba. So far i think its amazingly good with a very flat profile. Let us know how u get along with tresiba & allergy.