Trigger Finger

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A few weeks ago I started getting really painful joints in my fingers and hands. My fingers seem to to lock when I close them and I have to almost force them to open. When I do, they seem to push open. Simple tasks like scratching, making a bed, undressing are becoming painful. Moving a pillow is even painful. I have had to search on Google to self diagnose because i cannot even get an appointment with my GP for a referral. I eventually managed a telephone appointment and was advised to go online and book a physio appointment. I did and there is no response. Every service is using Covid as a reason not to be able to offer an appointment.

What can I do or take to help with this condition? Does it just go away on its own?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Omnipod

Sorry to hear this. I can empathise as I had trigger finger - well, trigger thumb actually, a couple of years ago. It got to the point I couldn’t even hold a pen to write without pain, and often had to stop that quite quickly.

I was referred to the hospital and had a steroid injection which cleared the problem up - it took a few days (maybe even a couple of weeks) to kick in, but has not recurred.

I didn’t try these myself, but these guys - Bob and Brad - have been my go-to for self-diagnosed aches and pains during the past year. I entered the first lockdown with sciatica - no chance of physio - but followed their suggestions which really helped. Worth checking this video out while you wait for the physio appointment.

And if it gets worse, badger your GP!

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Omnipod

Sorry to hear this. I can empathise as I had trigger finger - well, trigger thumb actually, a couple of years ago. It got to the point I couldn’t even hold a pen to write without pain, and often had to stop that quite quickly.

I was referred to the hospital and had a steroid injection which cleared the problem up - it took a few days (maybe even a couple of weeks) to kick in, but has not recurred.

I didn’t try these myself, but these guys - Bob and Brad - have been my go-to for self-diagnosed aches and pains during the past year. I entered the first lockdown with sciatica - no chance of physio - but followed their suggestions which really helped. Worth checking this video out while you wait for the physio appointment.

And if it gets worse, badger your GP!

Brilliant. Thank you. Watched the video and everything mentioned is what I have been experiencing. Im going to try these exercises and the apple cider vinegar. Thanks again