Trulicity (Dulaglutide) side effects

simonr1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People telling me "You can't eat this and You can't eat that." and of course " You don't look Diabetic!"
Hi,
I started using Trulicity on Friday. As always before I start using a new medication I checked it out on the NHS website, looked at the possible side effects etc.
I was just wondering what other peoples experiences are. Do these side effects last long? The main ones I am having are the Nausea, and vomiting and diarrhea. On the positive side I have seen a remarkable improvement in my blood sugar levels.

Thanks for helping

CrochetCarley

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I'm now on week 6 of the injections and it does get better. The first 4 weeks I suffered with nausea, upset stomach and heartburn. The side effect of it being an appetite suppressant works, although now I've completely gone off my food and have no fancies... so maybe it's not a positive haha :)

Reactions: simonr1

MelvynK

I started 25th Jan. 3 nights of bloating acid reflux not much sleep Find the Defaltine (Over the counter) does for me
stop the bloating. We going try injection in thigh rather than stomach next week as per booklets poss other sites
for injections in case it upset the Stomach system Other threads says take 4 weeks to settle down l it quicker than that.

sorchao

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Trying to get my Libre unstuck after 14 days
I’ve been on Trulicity weekly for about a year now, because I also have digestive issues which Metformin was exacerbating. I was told 20 years ago that I had IBS, but when I was diagnosed T2, my endocrinologist disagreed - we were discussing doing some in-patient investigations when the pandemic hit, and shelved that plan for the moment, as I ain’t going near a hospital right now if I don’t have to and he’s working flat out.
So, prime candidate for digestive upset here, but I only felt mild nausea when I started Trulicity, which passed off after about two weeks. My blood sugar is finally under control, after a year of floating around the 8/9 fasting mark. I’ve been injecting myself in the stomach with no problems at all, maybe a drop of blood three times in that year. I don’t think the needle is long enough to get into your actual digestive system, for me it’s certainly going into stomach fat!

Janemm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I am just onto my third week of Trulicity, feeling nausea, heartburn, indigestion, reflux, thankful no diarreah.I am taking Canagliflozin before breakfast, just hoping that these side effect wears of soon. On the good side my blood count is near perfect.

Sarahjane41

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Rude people
Busibodies
Hello I'm week 8 on the injections, I still suffer bloating and my constipation has eased a bit with ducolax which I try not to take every night more like 3 times a week.
I am 4 pounds off 2 stone changed my diet to low carb low fat and kcal deficiency, I get twice a day and I've seen a vast improvement in my mobility even started back swimming, it's a life saver xxx