Trulicity experiences please

mouseee

Haven't posted or even lurked for a while.
HBa1c is higher than its been since diagnosis (currently 83) and much as low carb worked for me to start, for many reasons it hasn't been sustainable for me. Not ruling it out but need medication to support lowering BS.
We had a long discussion about Trulicity jabs which is the current plan.

So... anyone on it/ been on it / come off it again?
What do I need to expect or be aware of?

Thanks!

Smitch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Day 1 for me and I can already see an improvement. Hardly any side effects but on lowest dose. Really glad that I took the plunge. Was really scared about side effects.

Mscmhs1

Day 1 for me and I can already see an improvement. Hardly any side effects but on lowest dose. Really glad that I took the plunge. Was really scared about side effects.

I started yesterday. I checked my sugars at 9am and it was 15.5mmol. Took the first shot at 11am and within an hour it was 6.8mmol. It hasn’t been like that for a long time.

Now day two and so far, no ugly side effects.

Reactions: EllieM

Smitch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I started yesterday. I checked my sugars at 9am and it was 15.5mmol. Took the first shot at 11am and within an hour it was 6.8mmol. It hasn’t been like that for a long time.

Now day two and so far, no ugly side effects.
I have now been on it for 6 months and it has had a magical effect. A1c came down to acceptable levels. I didn’t alter my diet but I lost my appetite so lost a few pounds but not many.
Given myself a good old telling off and started healthy eating so I am hoping that at my next review there will be further improvement.

Reactions: Mscmhs1