Trulicity is working

Mscmhs1

Hi all,

Now, I know, before you all come at me that Trulicity isn’t the answer to regulate blood sugar but I had the shock of my life in January when my HbA1c was 102 mmol/l in January 2023. I was actually so upset because whilst I knew it was bad, I didn’t know how I’d let it get so bad.

By March, I’d reduced it to 92. Still high but needing urgent work.

At that time, I had been on the waiting list for an operation which was cancelled because of my sugars. The diabetic nurse put me on Trulicity.

I’ve been on it for just 10 weeks now and my recent HbA1c was 64 and my surgery has since been scheduled.

I know I need to make long term changes to maximise blood sugar regulation once I stop the Trulicity, but am so encouraged by this huge drop.

Anyone else used it and found figures like these? 102 > 64.

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,

Now, I know, before you all come at me that Trulicity isn’t the answer to regulate blood sugar but I had the shock of my life in January when my HbA1c was 102 mmol/l in January 2023. I was actually so upset because whilst I knew it was bad, I didn’t know how I’d let it get so bad.

By March, I’d reduced it to 92. Still high but needing urgent work.

At that time, I had been on the waiting list for an operation which was cancelled because of my sugars. The diabetic nurse put me on Trulicity.

I’ve been on it for just 10 weeks now and my recent HbA1c was 64 and my surgery has since been scheduled.

I know I need to make long term changes to maximise blood sugar regulation once I stop the Trulicity, but am so encouraged by this huge drop.

Anyone else used it and found figures like these? 102 > 64.
I'm on Trulicity and have been for couple of year.
Have you had a loss of appetite? I did for the first 6 month or so lost some weight then my body adapted and that welcome side effect faded. I'd suggest it's mostly your better diet that's brought this good drop.