Trulicity or Glicizide

lilies32

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Already on Metformin and Jardiance- bad eating habits post life trauma including cancer recovery mean I now need to go on one of the above which were offered by by DCN today- I thought the Trulicity would suit me best and could kick my body into some weight loss … but now full on anxiety attack as to if it’s the right decision - I’m not used to being given a few minutes to make a decision

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Take comfort, if it doesn't work you can always switch/add in something else, 7 years in and the DN is still playing with mine. bydurion didn't work for me, currently just moving up to maximum trulicity dose in the hopes of reducing the glic.

Reactions: lilies32

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I took Trulicity for a month and am now switching, after a 2 week break to empty my system of the Trulicity, to an alternative medication. Whatever you try you won't be bound to it if it doesn't work for you. You don't need to worry :)

Reactions: lilies32

desidiabulum

I think for most of us, diabetes has been a story of trying a number of different medications until we hit a dosage and combination that works for us. Why not start the process, monitoring yourself and keeping your doctor updated.?You might even get it right first time - who knows?

Reactions: EllieM and lilies32

lilies32

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I took Trulicity for a month and am now switching, after a 2 week break to empty my system of the Trulicity, to an alternative medication. Whatever you try you won't be bound to it if it doesn't work for you. You don't need to worry :)
Thank you

Zaphod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
fatty food,
Rise in my Hba1c to 58 my usual is 53-61. My weight is 85Kg my BMI is 30. I was on glimepiride 4mg Metformin 1.5g Dapagliflozin 10mg. I was taken off glimepiride, metformin reduced to 1g an, trulicity at 1.5mg added.
The only side effect so far after one month is my weight has dropped below 81Kg BMI 28. Main side effects include a little nausea but the best is when I am full I stop eating, I haven't done that in 73 years.
I can now see my toes by just looking down. My bg in the morning are coming down slowly. But I feel better. Will update in another month.

Reactions: Suetype2