Trulicity shortage

nakka3401

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I've just been told trulicity is impossible to get I've been taking it now for 3years . My hba1c was 139 last year so now on insulin as well.
My question is will I be ok to just not take it or do I need to be asking for an alternative ?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi I've just been told trulicity is impossible to get I've been taking it now for 3years . My hba1c was 139 last year so now on insulin as well.
My question is will I be ok to just not take it or do I need to be asking for an alternative ?

Who told you this? Have you been to another pharmacy?
Nobody here can tell you it's OK to stop taking it, you need to speak to your diabetes team/GP.

Edit-: Trulicity does not currently appear on drug shortage lists as far as I can see.
See also https://psnc.org.uk/our-latest-news-category/shortage/

Last edited:

sorchao

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Trying to get my Libre unstuck after 14 days
My last box of Trulicity two weeks ago came in a different (smaller!) packaging, which may be a coincidence. Maybe they were repackaging and there was a temporary glitch in supply?

Nakka, you should always consult your doctor before altering your medication regimen in any way - were you able to find Trulicity in a different pharmacy in the end?