Trulicity side effects

Billy7764

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Is anyone here taking weekly Trulicity injections? Can you share if you had any initial side effects. I had my first shot last Thursday and my BG has been steadily increasing, it was 13.8 before breakfast to day. I have been cutting it the carbs since I joined this forum last week, so had expected them to be a lot lower. Not sure if I'm doing it all wrong, last nights tea was steak, mushroom, tomato, onion and peppers with a small hand full of chickpeas followed by Berry's and cream. I had a Lidl protein roll with ham, brie and tomato for Brunch. Yet my BG are still high at 12.6. it has to be either a side effect of new meds or I am not quite understand something.

Reactions: Juliedanby

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is anyone here taking weekly Trulicity injections? Can you share if you had any initial side effects. I had my first shot last Thursday and my BG has been steadily increasing, it was 13.8 before breakfast to day. I have been cutting it the carbs since I joined this forum last week, so had expected them to be a lot lower. Not sure if I'm doing it all wrong, last nights tea was steak, mushroom, tomato, onion and peppers with a small hand full of chickpeas followed by Berry's and cream. I had a Lidl protein roll with ham, brie and tomato for Brunch. Yet my BG are still high at 12.6. it has to be either a side effect of new meds or I am not quite understand something.

Hi Billy I've not taken that drug myself, so can't share what happened to me, but hopefully my post will bump your thread up a but for the evening traffic, as they arrive.

Have you had a chat with your Doc or Nurse about this?

Billy7764

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks, I wanted to see how it goes before going to my DN I was warned about side effects in the beginning. I was wanting to make sure it wasn't self inflicted with my own attempts to lower my carb intake.

hill4332

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I went on 0.75 Trulicity three weeks ago .start week four tomorrow but rang my diabetic nurse today and gave her the am and pm readings. She's upping to 1.50 from week 5 then to continue till week 12 and do an hb1. I'm also on abslagar insulin which I take around 10 pm nightly. Doseage 24 to 27. What concerns me is my am readings come in between 4-8 yet by 10pm it's averaging 16 . That's about my pre insulin rates.iv been on Victosa Metformin sr and glicazide before needing insulin. The nurse says trulicity makes you produce more insulin and better distributes it and may help with weight _ not convinced as I think i will need a top in prior to main meal. Side effects seem confined to odd loose bowels or abdomen tenderness .I do get a slight headache but not sure why. Trouble with it is as it's weekly once taken you've a week to live with the symptoms. I still reckon the abnormal stress I'm under isn't helping as it makes you tired and now I'm retired on a basic state pension doing exercises is pretty well out due to the cost. If I can help let me know

Billy7764

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks hill4332, I will keep recoding my BG levels and see how it is over the next few days.