Trulicity side effects

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Out of interest, if anyone stopped trulicity due to side effects, how long after stopping it did you get well again? I'm really poorly, constant nausea, diarreah after two injections. The last one I took was a week ago.

Speaking to my gp tomorrow as i still can't eat more than 2 rich tea biscuits in a day and even that makes me so poorly.

Dr gave me anti sickness and anti diarrhoea tablets to cope, but even that's not helping. Had a severe urine infection too.

I'm stopping the trulicity, but wondered how long it will take to feel better.

Thanks in advance. X

Reactions: Juliedanby

Emmasndco

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was on trulicity for about a year. I didn’t have any side effects at all. Had much worse with victoria and Ozempic which are both once weekly injections that make your food stay in the stomach longer. I always try and stick with the meds, I find the side effects eventually improve.

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Out of interest, if anyone stopped trulicity due to side effects, how long after stopping it did you get well again? I'm really poorly, constant nausea, diarreah after two injections. The last one I took was a week ago.

Speaking to my gp tomorrow as i still can't eat more than 2 rich tea biscuits in a day and even that makes me so poorly.

Dr gave me anti sickness and anti diarrhoea tablets to cope, but even that's not helping. Had a severe urine infection too.

I'm stopping the trulicity, but wondered how long it will take to feel better.

Thanks in advance. X
I took it twice, one injection a week then stopped. It had the opposite effect on me and backed me up big time but just also made my tummy feel awful. Sometimes it doesn't suit people. So in the first year or so it was just metformin.