Trulicity Side Effects

Hi all,

New Trulicity user here. I had the injection on Wednesday and since then I’ve been miserable. I’ve vomited and not had a solid BM since. I’ve also had burps that smell absolutely vile. Yesterday I woke up with a pain running down my right leg.

I feel like giving up. I’ve lost 7lbs but I’m sure that’s just with vomiting.

Can anyone give me some advice on what to do. I’m currently on 1.5mg.

Reactions: Allan_lockyer

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry, No experience of this med, so my best advice would be to seek medical advice.
NHS 111, or out of hours GP if you feel it cannot wait until GP surgery is open.

whiteorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am so sorry that you feel so ill. I had Trulicity and Projectile vomiting was not in it! It took me half a day to clean my bathroom!
I have since seen a diabetic consultant and have had my medication changed. I am now on semaglutide injections and started with .25 mg for 4 weeks and I am now on 50 mg. I will then go on 1mg for the rest of my life. All medication makes me ill, I just have to find what I can tolerate and change one thing at a time and find a happy medium. When I can get my glucose level under control, I can stop taking gliclazide except when I am on steroids.

Belles

I am on this and it’s helped with weight loss but it makes me feel SO sick and makes my BM the worst it ever is! The smell is bad and it lingers but it definitely has helped