tummy tucks

paulablowers

hi i am a diabetic on insulin and i have lost 10st in 12mnth i was given the funding for a tummy tuck and the surgen has refused me why is this i sed i can stop smoking not a problem as i only smoke about 5 per day i cant change from being a diabetic with pvd in the calf muscle.he as known this for 8mnth i went in hospital on the 28th march 2011 and he sent me home i am not very pleased there must be an nhs surgen in the (Hospital name removed) that does cosmetic surgery and my blood sugers are fine any answers pls

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
You haven't actually given the reason why the surgeon refused. I don't know for sure, but if one surgeon refuses you might find that another one does as well. You have said about giving up smoking and pvd in calf muscle, but not actually what the surgeon said as his reason for mot doing it. Well done on 10 stone loss by the way!!

paulablowers

hi i told him everythin 8mnths ago i went in hospital in oct my sugar was to high so i went home and started the new insulin lantus and humalogmy sugar is now between 3 and 8 most days but he said my sugar was fine then i had to tell them yet again that i was diabetic and have been for 32yrs i have pvd in the calf that is poor circulation only in lower legs every where else has got a strong pulse and i smoked 5 a day all of a sudden they came to me and said he has refused to do it no reason no info just he is now saying no

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Paula,

You need to ask why he is refusing - he must have a reason and you can't judge if its reasonable until you know the reason. If he thinks it's too risky, you need to understand why - it might be something you can change such as giving up smoking, or it might not. Either way, ask for the reasons you have been refused.

Smidge

sugar2

Paula,

I read your post with interest...as I need to do something about my tummy too. Well done on losing so much weight by teh way, that is fabulous!!

I agree, you need to find out what teh problem was. I have always assumed that I would not get a tummy tuck on teh NHS...as it is "only cosmetic" and they also try not to operate on diabetics if they can help it..so I have been saving for years Miles off getting anywhere near enough money though.

i would guess that it is teh pvd that is teh issue, but the fact they already knew about this is odd, and it is certainly not fair to put you through this. Ifthey weren't happy to operate becasue of this, tehy should have told you when you first told them. Sorry, I think you are going tohave to find out more. inteh meantime, those pant from M&S help a bit!! :oops: