Turkey problem

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lol. Its huge. Enough to feed 18 it says! All seems ok thanks for all the advice. It hadn't started to thaw at all
I'd google how long a lb they sat to thaw it, it might take a few days in the fridge part
curiosity got me and I had to do it....:)
REFRIGERATOR THAWING
  • Thaw breast side up, in an unopened wrapper on a tray in the fridge.
  • Allow at least 1 day of thawing for every 4 lbs.
  • COLD WATER THAWING
    • Thaw breast side down, in an unopened wrapper, with enough cold water to cover your turkey completely.
    • Change water every 30 minutes to keep the turkey chilled.
    • Estimate a minimum thawing time of 30 minutes per lb.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thankyou. I just was a bit concerned as its sitting on the coil thingy but I've put it sideways and there is plenty of air room circulating and the door shuts easily. Its only till next Wed.
I would take the wee Turkey out of the freezer next Tuesday to make sure it is fully thawed, what do you think.o_O
Mind you how would I know when on my vegan type diet.:)

Reactions: 2 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My word! Thankyou for this. I'm revising my thawing time. So pleased you posted this
heck it's not the first time I got stuck with a half thawed turkey,:banghead::banghead:
at least now we can take a hacksaw to it and finish thawing in a microwave, not like the old days, running hot water through the cavity :)

alliebee

Oh no. It wouldn't be the same without that lovely turkey roasting smell throughout the house early christmas morning! Lol

Reactions: 5 people
C

catherinecherub

I hope your oven is big enough to accommodate it.
I had to saw a turkey in half one year as it didn't fit my standard oven. We were accommodating 25 people.

Reactions: 6 people

alliebee

Lol. God I'm imagining that! Yes I've got a big range cooker with 3 diff size ovens. It was the first thing I tested. Thankyou

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no. It wouldn't be the same without that lovely turkey roasting smell throughout the house early christmas morning! Lol
I'll send you some of this. Just spray around the house on Christmas morning
roast turkey spray.jpg
:D:D

alliebee

Joking aside id love to see photos of you all...just to get ideas behind the lovely friends I've made on here...there was a thread on here a couple of years ago where you were invited to.post a pic and it was hugely followed loads of people joined in.

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm rolling around on the sofa. Just snorted my tea all over my I pad. Ha ha ha!!!! Love your funny posts!
Well that's what its all about.......................laughing. I've found since coming on here that not only have I learned a lot, I've also had a good old chuckle at some of the posts myself.

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Joking aside id love to see photos of you all...just to get ideas behind the lovely friends I've made on here...there was a thread on here a couple of years ago where you were invited to.post a pic and it was hugely followed loads of people joined in.
I was thinking the very same thing a couple of days ago. Perhaps the avatars should be photos of members, then like you say we would have an idea of who we're actually talking to. My avatar is a photo of me, just lost a lot of weight since being diagnosed.:D

Hello admin.................could we have a members photo gallery please?