Type 2 Turmeric

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've regularly used turmeric in my cooking and enjoy a drink of turmeric tea, but I don't see any difference in glucose levels that i could attribute to it.

Robbity

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Turmeric is an excellent anti-inflammatory but it won't do anything to blood sugars.

MKD75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure about that but I take Cinnamon tablets before meals and I swear it helps me. Bitter melon too. Get them online from health monthly

victry77

I started taking turmeric tablets last month for general aches and pains and the other alleged health benefits. I had no idea it was meant to have any effect on BG. About 1.5-2 weeks in, I noticed quite a massive reduction in my BG levels and had to reduce my insulin quite significantly. I wondered if it was the turmeric and when I looked it up, there was mention of it potentially reducing BG. However, 3.5 weeks in and I developed diarrhoea. I attributed it to the tablets so stopped taking them. It appears diarrhoea is a possible side effect although quite rare.

Maybe turmeric just has a big effect on me. :***:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
It acts to thin the blood so if on prescription blood thinners then turmeric should be taken with great care and doctors advise should be sought. As to what effect if any, on blood sugars it has; I am uncertain.

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been using it for years not particularly for Diabetes but it has many other benefits