Turning a corner?

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
For months I've been whining regularly about the high blood glucose readings that I seem to be getting. Well, a corner has been turned!

I have started to take high dose ginseng supplements, and also taking 1 spoon of cinnamon in 1 spoon of greek yoghurt after each meal. I don't know which one is responsible, but two weeks in to this routine I've suddenly had two whole days of no high readings. Yesterday I was at 5.5 two hours after breakfast, 6.0 two hours after lunch, and 4.5 two hours after dinner. I was quite excited by these figures, but thought it was just a one off.

This morning I woke up, and expected to see my usual dawn-phenomenon induced reading of 9 . But I woke up for the first time in 218 days, with a blood glucose of 5.3.
This has never happened, and I thought that it must be a fluke. I had breakfast, and granted, an hour later my blood was 12.2, but two hours later it was back in the 5's.
After lunch today it was 4.8. (In fact, I was really pleased with that reading because I had a new lunch of bodega olives, avocado, and two slices of rare roast beef off the deli in sainsburys... so it's a lunch I can do again).
With it being 4.8, I could afford a mid afternoon snack, so I had two big glasses of almond milk and some soya nuts.

Let's hope that tomorrow is just as good!

Reactions: 2 people

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
For months I've been whining regularly about the high blood glucose readings that I seem to be getting. Well, a corner has been turned!

I have started to take high dose ginseng supplements, and also taking 1 spoon of cinnamon in 1 spoon of greek yoghurt after each meal. I don't know which one is responsible, but two weeks in to this routine I've suddenly had two whole days of no high readings. Yesterday I was at 5.5 two hours after breakfast, 6.0 two hours after lunch, and 4.5 two hours after dinner. I was quite excited by these figures, but thought it was just a one off.

This morning I woke up, and expected to see my usual dawn-phenomenon induced reading of 9 . But I woke up for the first time in 218 days, with a blood glucose of 5.3.
This has never happened, and I thought that it must be a fluke. I had breakfast, and granted, an hour later my blood was 12.2, but two hours later it was back in the 5's.
After lunch today it was 4.8. (In fact, I was really pleased with that reading because I had a new lunch of bodega olives, avocado, and two slices of rare roast beef off the deli in sainsburys... so it's a lunch I can do again).
With it being 4.8, I could afford a mid afternoon snack, so I had two big glasses of almond milk and some soya nuts.

Let's hope that tomorrow is just as good!
Wow, you're going great guns !! All your hard work is paying off. :happy:

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Luceeloo " have started to take high dose ginseng supplements, and also taking 1 spoon of cinnamon in 1 spoon of greek yoghurt after each meal. I don't know which one is responsible".

That is very interesting. I have been having a little cinnamon but not that much; is your spoon a tea spoon or tablespoon?