1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Tv shows

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by wolfie11969, May 27, 2020.

1. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

Mrs Molly

How about

The lives and loves of a she devil

It’s a real eye opener x

2. Lulu9101112

Lulu9101112 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Just been watching doctor who.Start of lockdown I rewatched all of new series of doctor who Again (so Christopher ecclestons (never skip nine), (his series has no bad episode it’s FANTASTIC, some episodes that stand out end of the world dalek, Father’s Day, Empty child/doctor dances boom town bad wolf/parting of the ways ) David Tennant, (favourite episode school reunion rise of cybermen/age of steel , 42, utopia/sounds of drums/last of time lords & stolen earth /journeys end) Matt Smith, (favourite episodes beast below, Vincent & the Doctor, town called mercy, power of three, Bells of Saint John, day & time of the Doctor)Peter Capaldi (so many good ones to choose from into the dalek, listen, time heist, mummy on the orient express, Flatline, dark water/death in heaven, last Christmas, Zygon invasion/inversion, face the raven, heaven sent, hell bent, husbands of river song, pilot, smile, oxygen, extremis/pyramid at end of the world/lie of the land, empress of mars, world Enough and time/doctor falls, twice upon a time& Jodies Whitaker’s (Woman who fell to earth, ghost monumen, tsangra condrumum, Nikolas night of terror, demons of Punjab, kerblam, it takes you away, spyfall part 1 & 2, praxeus, can you hear me, fugitive of the Judoon ansecion cybermen, timeless children. so all of series 1-12 at least rewatched 2 times)

I’ve decided to watch all of classic who now but I watched in a weird order I started with 5th-8th (Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Silverstor McCoy, Paul McGann)

curently in 4s era Tom bakers) episode Underworld. Then I’ll be going back to 3rds (Jon Pertwee) and then the black and white era with what’s available (William Hartnell & Patrick Troughton (1st & 2nd)

I’ve also started listing too the big finish Audio of twelfth doctor chronicles which is great (on disc 3 out of 4 so far)

i also like drawing sometimes

So I’ve been very busy :)

3. wolfie11969

wolfie11969 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I dont mind Dr Who. I grew up with both Jon Pertweee and Tom Baker. Didnt watch any after that til Christopher Eccleston. Have only seen episode 1 of Jodie Whitaker, I kind of find her annoying.

My hubby is a big Dr Who fan and has every epsidoe/box set there is apart from Jodie Whitaker. He feels the writers have really gone too far in the whole 'lets pander to every viewers wishes'. He also finds the language used to be quite slangish and as he's a 50 year old man he cannot relate to how she speaks ie 'come along fam'

We still have season one on our sky box and he has only watched the first couple of episodes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cumberland

I also grew up with Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker

But didn’t watch it after that until Ecclestone did it and watched all of his plus David Tennant then I stopped again

5. wolfie11969

similar age then mr cumberland

my age is in my screen name, if you can be bothered to do the maths

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cumberland

Gotcha

I just turned 57

You keeping ok Wolfie

7. wolfie11969

absolutely fine my friend.

sure when corona calms down I'll be called for a diabetic check up. I'd like physical appointment as my athritis is bad but guess that has to wait.

How's life up north? pretty messy here the past few days due to a couple of storms hitting us

8. Cumberland

Wolfie
    It’s grim oop. Norf

Been going to the lakes a lot that helps

• Like Like x 1
  9. wolfie11969

Syfy channel in the Uk have just restarted Stargate SG1 right from the beginning. Guess who has been watching that? Yay for something I enjoy and hopefully syfy will folllow it all the way through not skip episodes.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cumberland

I really like the series of Stargate SG1

Hope you enjoy watching it Wolfie

11. wolfie11969

I've seen it all before my friend, ust reliving it as seems to be pants all else on tv these days

You recommend anything to watch? Got Sky, got Netflix, got Disney Plus

12. Cumberland

I have been watching all the episodes of Prisoner Cell Block H start to finish

Great comedy to be found

13. wolfie11969

hubby likes that. not so keen here. i think he gave up on the channel 5 version a few seasons back

14. Brokenbill

Brokenbill Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I binged on cobra kai over the weekend really worth watching if you like the 84 karate kid. Looking for something else to binge on now :)

15. wolfie11969

loved the karate kid movies as a teen. Im not so sure I'd like it nowadays as an adult but I will probably give it a go. Stepson mentioned it to me over the weekend but then his tv viewing is totally different to mine.

Hope u find something else to watch

16. Brokenbill

I was a bit hesitant myself i never watched season 1 when it came out but once i started watching it, it was so nostalgic but brought up to date very well i was hooked :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Prurient

Prurient · Newbie

I'm currently binge watching The Umbrella Academy, quite a good series.

18. wolfie11969

what's it about?

19. Brokenbill

The Umbrella Academy is a comic written by gerard way of my chemical romance, netflix bought the rights to make it into a seris, its about a billionaire industrialist who adopts 7 children who he knows have special powers. he trains them to be super heros. I dont want to say too much because of spoilers but its very good :)

20. wolfie11969

ooh like the sound of that. Topic of convo around dining table tomorrow with my youngest daughter (she was a big fan of my chemical romance)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook