Type 1, 2 or LADA?

MarthaD

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I find your experience with hypos when walking particularly interesting because that's exactly what happens to me. Hopefully, we'll get answers.

George775

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I find your experience with hypos when walking particularly interesting because that's exactly what happens to me. Hopefully, we'll get answers.
That's quite interesting. I've been reading everything I can on this and I keep stumbling across posts from other users on places like reddit about the same but most of them seem to be adjusting to using insulin.

I will let you know what happens after I get a referral. Which I hope should be later this week.

Reactions: Melgar and MarthaD

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another one bmi in the 18’s fit & active & libre shows b/s dropping to low high 3’s & low 4’s at 3am every day (plastic cover & plaster over libre so no compression)no diabetes either side of family but diagnosed with MODY 1
Gym days eating all day to keep b/s up

mariavontrapp

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I would look into Reactive Hypoglycaemia. However, tests that are performed for this are often disappointing. Also, make more use of finger-prick testing . The libre is predictive. If your glucose is dropping it tends to over estimate how low this will go

Reactions: George775

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
FYI.
There are many types of hypoglycaemia, and other forms of metabolic conditions.
I have come across many rare conditions, which could be asymptomatic with what has been described here.
Until the tests rule it out, we just won't know.

George775

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another one bmi in the 18’s fit & active & libre shows b/s dropping to low high 3’s & low 4’s at 3am every day (plastic cover & plaster over libre so no compression)no diabetes either side of family but diagnosed with MODY 1
That's interesting you mention eating all day ahead of going to the gym. I've started doing the same. I even ate half a Snickers one day just to push my blood glucose up so I wouldn't have to stop early. Same last night right around 1am I'm right at 3.6 mmol/L spring wide awake and my BG goes back up again.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you still on gliclazide?
That's a med known for causing hypos.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you still on gliclazide?
That's a med known for causing hypos.
Still on 20mg a day (1/2 of the lowest therauptic dose there is, I’ve got the insulin & insulin sensitive, just the message to release it doesn’t work properly)

• Informative
Reactions: Antje77